Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Prostar

I ordered my computer from pro-star.com. Despite their site stating shipping within 2 days, they couldn't ship for a week. I wanted it in time for the 3-day weekend so I can enjoy it. I paid extra for shipping. I explained repeatedly I needed it sent to my work as I wouldn't be at home to sign for it.
They ship it to my home anyhow, and we have to drive to pick it up (on a Friday on a 3-day weekend, we're talking about serious traffic, long lines, and over an hour round trip).
I call them and they admit it's their fault, but won't do anything to compensate me driving that far. I verified with the UPS guys that it should have cost them less than $30 to ship it to me even at the rush shipping we used, and they charged me $65 for shipping. So I asked them to refund shipping, which they refused.
So, I asked them to just split it in half, it being their fault, and refund half the shipping. They refused.
I figured, whatever, I have the product, I'll write some reviews to let people know what to expect.
Even told some people at my work who were looking to buy notebooks to not buy from this company - purely because of their response and customer service to this issue.
Two weeks later the computer starts acting up. After a short diagnostic period, they told me to ship it in (at my expense) so they could fix it. I told them they can make up for their previous error and pay for shipping both ways this time. They refused.
So I returned it for a full refund (except for the rip-off shipping). Apparently they're happy to take a refund and keep the $35 profit they made by charging me so much for shipping (no, not Shipping and Handling, just shipping - none of it was taxed) than to keep my business, and that of possible referrals.
They received the package on Thursday last week (6/23/05) and the money will be back in my account 6/30/05.

No comments: