Friday, August 18, 2006

Harassing Idaho Survey Company

Some survey company has been calling us lately at 8:00pm – it shows up on Caller ID as Idaho Call.

We had been not answering the phone when we saw that. Monday night (8/14/06), I answered, and some guy introduces himself as from a research firm calling to do a survey, and asks for the lady of the house. Since we’ve had calls similar to this in the past, I tell the guy, there is no “Lady of the house,” please don’t call again. He asked me to clarify, I said look, we don’t want these kinds of calls, please don’t call again. He says OK, and hangs up.

The next night (8/15/06), they call again. I answer the phone, and some guy asks for the Lady of the House to do a survey. I tell him there is none, and please don’t call anymore.

He says, “Look, I just want to talk to the lady of the house.” I say, “Don’t call here anymore.”

He says, “Can I speak with the lady of the house?” I say, “Don’t call here anymore.” He says, “I’m calling for the lady of the house.” Very, very slowly, I say, “Do … not … call here … anymore.”

He says, “This is for a survey. I just want to speak with the lady of the house.” I said, “Listen, I want you to hang up this phone right now, and for your company to never call us again. Is that clear?” He says, “Sir, I am calling for the lady of the house.” I said, “I must be using the wrong language. I thought I told you to hang up and to not call here anymore. You’re making me angry. I want you to hang up this phone and DO NOT CALL AGAIN. Am I clear enough now?”

He says, “Sir, look, I just want to talk to the lady of the house.” I said, “I want to speak with your supervisor.” He says, “Sir, I’m just calling to talk to the lady of the house. This is for a survey.” I said, “You must not be good at this. I want your supervisor, and I want your supervisor now.” I hear him tell someone, “Uhm, he says he wants to speak with my supervisor.”

Some lady gets on the phone and says, “My name is Lisa, I’m a supervisor on the floor here. How can I help you?” I put on my super-sweet voice and said, “I have told this guy eight or ten times to never call here again, and all he can do is keep asking for the lady of the house. Is it possible for us to make it so your company does not ever call my phone number again?” She says, “Sure, no problem.”

“Thanks” We hang up.

No comments: